Tuesday, October 3, 2023

REINVENTING THE WELLNESS CARE MARKET: BRINGING BACK THE HOUSE CALL!

INTRODUCTION:

Meet our latest HEALTH-PRENEUR
We learned about this unique health care business model from a live episode of RESPONDER RESILIENCE PODCAST where we caught the host and executive producer of the show, Dave Dachinger step off script to discuss (with his guest) his dog's latest physical injury.  He shared the unique treatment modalities that he chose to address this.  "Let it be for humans or our four-legged family, I've never been a fan of surgery or drugs", starts Dachinger. "I read up on PEMF and Cold Laser and saw this to be rising trend for regenerative care. Meanwhile, I didn't realize that traveling therapists were actually a national trend for animals... which makes sense since many of them probably can't travel well."

From a simple Google search, he met with Ms. Kate Baccus, licensed Occupational Therapist who built a highly successful practice on wheels and a healer of animals under a most innovative on-call therapeutic format.


INSIGHT ON PEMF- AN INTERVIEW: 
By: Kate Baccus, Occupational Therapist

I originally found out about P E M F in 2018 as a result of my horse having a non-healing wound. He had had a laceration to the back of one of his heels on a front foot and while it didn't seem to hit any important structures, we just couldn't seem to get it to close. We tried all of the traditional veterinary therapies.  He wasn't limping or anything but we could not get that wound to close. And with an open wound, he was not able to go back to being ridden. I was grasping at straws and my vet really wasn't sure what else we could do at that point. So I went searching on the internet for anything that I could find that might kind of be out of the box thinking that could help his body potentially close this wound. That's when I came across P E M F as a modality. 

Being an occupational therapist, I dove head first into the research. I went on PubMed and just started looking at all the different studies and was really encouraged by what I saw because it seemed like the worst thing that could happen with using it was that nothing would happen. There weren't really any terrible side effects or risk of infection or anything like that because it's a non-invasive modality. But the potential for helping the body to recover from injuries was pretty well clinically documented. With a little more research, I found the right technology for my horse.

At the time, there really was no one that was doing this type of work. I would've had to have hauled him down to Ocala (Fla), which just really wasn't financially doable to get him PEMF sessions every single day.  Unfortunately, regular daily sessions is what was really needed at the time. 

Out of the many brands and websites out there, I found Magna Wave because they offered a rental program which they still do to this day. The great thing was that I could rent the machine and I chose to do the certification training at the same time (which was optional). Having a clinical background, I really wanted as much training as I possibly could get proficient even if I was going to keep the device only for a few months.  I took all the certification training before I actually received the machine because I was just so excited to learn about it.

I immediately started working on my horse. But I also started working on myself, my husband and my dog who was a bit of a senior citizen with hip dysplasia at the same time.  Not only did my horse get great results, but I started seeing great results in the rest of us as well. With the use of just the Magnawave (and no other change in my horse's care plan) he was completely healed!  The wound was completely closed within six weeks! And that to me was more than enough proof that this was something that I wanted to keep and continue to be able to do. 

I originally built this as a side business, and as of last year, I went full-time.  As a business, (I'll be honest), a lot of it is just word of mouth- especially in the animal world. My referrals largely come from other people that say, "-hey,  she came and worked on my dog... or my horse, and it's really been the same with people. A lot of my human clients actually call me for their animals first and then they find out that I work on people as well."



AFTERMATH
 PEMF has been around since the seventies in the US.  It was actually brought over originally for seed germination to help plants grow.  Any clinical databases like PubMed or Google Scholar where you can read up on "pulse electromagnetic field" or "pulse electromagnetic frequency" will show a lot of research out there with clinical significance for a number of different things.  Low level PEMF has been used pretty consistently with non-union fractures--  that's fractures that are not healing well (like broken bones). there is a specific device approved for glioblastoma called Optune™ device that it's actually a cap that is P E M F that patients wear-- and they're seeing great results in improving quality of life as well as length of life. They're not saying it's curing cancer, but it is giving patients longer lives which then gives other therapies a chance to work better.  The modality is FDA approved and cleared for so many different things from anxiety and migraines to urinary incontinence in women.  There's really tons of research out there for both human and for animals.



ABOUT KATE
Kate Baccus is the owner & operator of Grand Performance Solutions, LLC. She is a licensed & registered occupational therapist, with over 20 years of experience in various areas of healthcare & wellness. She has had a lifelong passion for helping people regain wellness & quality of life after suffering numerous injuries & undergoing several significant surgeries. Kate is pleased to offer a wide variety of drug-free, non-invasive, & non-surgical wellness services for her clients. Her modalities offered include: Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Sessions (PEMF), LZR Ultrabright - Targeted Red Light Therapy, Body Sculpting and BrainTap/Brain Entrainment Vibrotactile Technology


No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 PAIN MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS (Part 1): LASER MODULATION THERAPY

WHAT IS PAIN?  It is a subjective experience with two complementary aspects: one is a localized sensation in a particular body part; the oth...